I’ve been blogging for almost two years now! I can’t believe it to be honest… When I started I really didn’t know what I was doing and didn’t think much about buying a blogging for beginners course since I didn’t know if I would keep going with this hobby. I’m sticking with blogging and continuing to enjoy the sometimes frustrating process.
Hindsight is 20/20 as they say… Looking back now, I could have used a blogging for beginners course! It would have been helpful to have someone with experience guide me through. If I had to do this all over again, I think I may have to choose Suzi Whitford from Start a Mom Blog as my guide.
Blogging for Beginners: A Helpful Review of Blog by Number
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. I only promote courses, books and programs that I have personally reviewed and find helpful. If you’d like more information, please see my Disclaimer.
If you’re a new blogger or someone thinking of starting soon, you really should check out Suzi Whitford’s Blog by Number course. Suzi is a former engineer familiar with lean six sigma and other project management techniques. Suzi is a mom to three little kids and is always working to help her audience. She started her blog, Start a Mom Blog a couple of years ago and has been earning an excellent income since. Suzi’s relaxed style is perfect for a blogging for beginners course. No pressure, just helpful lessons and techniques.New blogger? Check out this review of Blog by Number and see how it can help you! Click To Tweet
The course comes with an e-book and video modules. I read the e-book in one sitting since it is so easy to read and clear. The video modules take a bit more time but it’s great to be able to hear Suzi explain the techniques and pause and rewind as necessary.
Now on to why this course is fantastic for bloggers just starting their journey:
- Suzi takes you through the entire blog sign up process step by step. In a series of videos she walks you through determining your niche, finding a name, purchasing hosting and your domain and even helps you customize a free WordPress theme. As I mention above, my blog was already set up so I watched these videos and read the sections of the e-book to see how Suzi explains everything. She’s very clear and helpful.
- Suzi knows a lot about Pinterest! Using Pinterest can really help increase your blog traffic but you have to know how to use it. Suzi has great tips on how to create “pinnable images” quickly and easily. Despite blogging for two years and being on Pinterest for a lot longer, I had no idea about some of these tips and tricks. I’m slowly starting to implement them on my blog and hoping to reap the benefits.
- Suzi’s workbooks and diagrams are really helpful if you’re a visual learner. She’s gone to the effort to cover all the learning bases. As a result, no matter which way you learn best, she’s included it in the course.
- When you start writing your posts, Blog by Number includes a blog title worksheet with a large list of eye catching blog titles. I’ve already changed up a few of my pins to use some of these titles on old posts!
Not just for Beginning Bloggers
Blog by Number has some advanced features as well. Suzi has a whole chapter on affiliate marketing and large sections on how to increase your blog traffic (which is something I think almost all of us struggle with).
Finally, Suzi provides her students with a huge (I’m talking over 450 huge) list of Pinterest group boards. She also explains the right way to reach out to the board owners in a respectful way.
Have you taken Blog by Number? I’d love to know your thoughts!
I’ll be sharing this post at a few of my favourite link parties!
For more helpful posts on blogging and social media check these out:
- Blogging Secrets – a Review of Traffic Transformation
- 10 Things I’ve Learned in my First Year of Blogging
- What you Need to Know about Facebook Blogging Groups
- What I Hate about Blogging