Welcome to The Professional Mom Project! Thank you for visiting – I’m so glad you’re here.
What are you looking to learn about? I write about lots of different topics including: parenting, health, work, blogging and social media, travel and food! Please take a look at some of my favourite and most popular posts.
A main focus of The Professional Mom Project is parenting. As a mom to a wonderful 6 year old son, we’ve learned a lot about some helpful (and not so helpful) ways to parent and take care of R. Here are some of my most popular parenting posts (I hope you find them useful):
- Parenting a Strong Willed Child
- Surviving Hockey Season
- What is Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome
- Helping your Child transition to Kindergarten
- Tips for a Successful Parent Teacher Conference
My health has been a battle over the past little while, having been diagnosed with thyroid cancer three years ago. I’m still fighting this disease and working on getting back into shape. For more on my health journey you can check out these posts:
- Being Diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer
- We’re not Done Yet…
- Check your Neck: Thyroid Cancer Awareness
- 8 Tips for Living with Hypothyroidism
- What is the Low Iodine Diet?
Blogging & Social Media Tips
Since starting the blog I’ve picked up a bunch of tips and tricks about social media and blogging. Writing a blog and posting social media updates requires a totally different skill set than writing memoranda and briefs as a litigator. Writing for moms is way different than writing for judges! My blogging posts are also really popular with new bloggers, which is great because I’m hoping to help them out on their journeys.
My Helpful Blogging Tools is the go to spot for the tools and resources I use to put the blog together.
These posts are perfect for new bloggers looking to get started and learn more about the process:
- How to Start a Blog
- Twitter Tips Part I
- Twitter Tips Part II
- 5 Blogging Mistakes I’ve Made (and you don’t have to)
- 10 Things I’ve Learned During my First Year of Blogging
- 5 Must Have Apps for Bloggers
When E and I are able, we love to travel. We’ve been to some awesome places together and we’re continuing to travel with R.
- Secrets to Travelling with Kids
- Packing for a Family Beach Vacation
- Top Tips for Taking a 4 Year Old to Disneyland
- Stress Free Travel Without the Kids
If you enjoy healthy and easy recipes (who has time for anything complicated) then check out these posts:
- Creamy Vegan Pasta
- Super Simple Tuna and Salmon Sushi Bowls
- Low Iodine Tomato Sauce
- Avocado Pasta
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Honey Baked Chicken
- Gluten Free Peach Crumble
Stay inspired by joining the list for tips, tricks and updates!