Last week I read Healthy Helper‘s blog post You Know You’re a Healthy Living Blogger When… and I thought it was hilarious. Even though I’m not a healthy living blogger (although I’d love to be one) I could relate to so many of the points Kaila made. Her post inspired me to write this one. I know not everyone is a mom to a four-year old boy, but I’m sure you can relate to some of these if you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle or know any little kids.
You know you’re the mom of a four year old boy when…
- You’ve been locked out of your iPhone/iPad on countless occasions
- You find yourself saying things like “stop hitting me with a cheese string” and “get your finger out of there”!
- You know the difference between steamies and diesels and which of Thomas‘ friends is the fastest
- You can properly pronounce obscure dinosaur names
- You know that Lightning McQueen is a hybrid between a Toyota NASCAR car, Mazda Miata and Dodge Viper (yes – I’ve looked this up)
- There is LEGO all over your house (and in some very unexpected places)
- You know that Jake, from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, has been promoted to Captain Jake and recently got a real sword (instead of a wooden sword)
- Your bathroom has more Octonauts toys than skin care products
- Your bathroom mirror is always dirty
- You know all the rules of your child’s favourite sport (or sports)
- You relish the days you can sleep in until 7:00 am
- You purchase 5 pounds of cheese per week
- The laundry is never ever finished
- Macaroni and cheese, pizza and chicken fingers are the most popular food groups in your house
- Whenever there is a free moment you find yourself with a hockey stick, baseball glove or racket in your hand to play sports outside
- You know all of the words to the Paw Patrol theme song
Life with our son is busy but we wouldn’t change it for the world.
What do you love about living with little children?